Introducing preparatory course for admissions to globally prestigious universities like IVY League Institutes, MIT, Stanford, etc.
What is an Advance Placement (AP) ?
The Advanced Placement (AP) program is in the United States and Canada sponsored by the which offers standardized courses to high school students that are generally recognized to be equivalent to undergraduate courses in college. Students who score high in the Program earn college credit and can greatly enhance his chance of gaining acceptance in various reputed universities, thereby making his application strong compared to his peers.
Why should a student take an AP course?
- Economical in terms of time and money: AP course can save both time and money. They can also give a student the lead in the application pool in some of today's highly selective colleges and universities.
- Complements the preparation for JEE: Students also acquire sophisticated academic skills and increased self-confidence which complements their preparation for college and other competitive exams like JEE.
- Impress College Admission Counselors: The academic record of a student is the most important part of his college application. The selectors in the admissions office want to see that the students have taken the most challenging courses available to them. Success in difficult courses is the surest sign of their being prepared for college.
- Scholarships : Students also add to their academic profile as they apply for scholarships or placement at university. According to the College Board, 31 percent of colleges and universities look at AP experience when making scholarship decisions.
- Choose a Major Sooner.
- Take More Elective Classes in College
- Add a Minor or Second Major More Easily.
Does PACE offer AP training?
Yes, in keeping up with the mark of offering our students everything under one roof, we have decided to start an AP training course at PACE, in the best interests of our students. We will be starting the course in the first week of October, 2014 so that the students have enough time for preparation for the AP exam held in May, 2015 The duration of the Course will be six months. We will be offering the courses in the following subjects :
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Physics B
- Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
- Physics C: Mechanics
Why should a student join PACE for AP training ?
- Synchronized Learning
- Experienced faculty
- Complements the preparation for college as well as JEE.
- Will not clash with his college/coaching schedule at PACE.
Students benefited due to Advanced Placement
- Our student, Hardik Parikh, who is currently studying at the University of Illinois, gave AP exams for Physics C-Electricity & magnetism, Chemistry and Calculus BC scored 5 on 5 on all 3 AP's. He earned about 36 hours of credit through the AP exams and SAT scores. He was allowed to take maximum 18 credit hours per semester in his university, thereby saving two semesters of valuable time and tuition fees and now he is one year ahead than the regular freshman! Also, since he got 5/5 for Calculus BC, he was eligible for Calculus Honors classes. Moreover, 5/5 on Chemistry means he won't have to take Chemistry throughout!!!
- Another student, Tanvi Chheda, currently studying at Cornell University took Physics C-Mechanics, Physics C-Electricity & Magnetism, Chemistry and Calculus BC. She scored 5/5 in all four exams!
For students who aspire for their undergraduate degree in top most universities across the world.
Students studying in class X, XI & XII are recommended to opt for this course. Advance Placement exams are conducted every year by college board (U.S.A.) in the month of May.
|Batch commencing||27th October|
|Date of examination for AP by College Board||Every year in month of May|
|Duration of the course||6 months|
|Timings||3:30 PM to 8:30PM (Every Saturday & Sunday)
|Fee (Rs)||S. tax (12.36%) (Rs.)||Total fees (Rs.)|
This course is FREE for PACE Students Centre - Pace Junior Science College, Dadar