All our dreams can come true; if we have the courage to pursue them
However, for all those who have big dreams and ambitions, please remember that “Dreams and Ambitions keep evolving and so does the focus of human being”. This depends on how you choose to take your life further.
Why should a student prefer to study abroad over Indian Institutes?
Knowledge itself is power. Likewise, many students prefer studying abroad because of various reasons. Students are inclined towards pursuing their studies abroad due to various reasons like a better quality of education, global exposure and a chance to imbibe varied cultures. Many students use the tool of going abroad as a back up plan…if they cannot make it to the IITs then they keep the option of going abroad open.
Studying abroad could be an important aspect of one's life.
Apart from better education and international rankings of the Institutes abroad, there are several other advantages. Some of them are :
- An opportunity to meet different people and share experiences
- Education in US/Canada/Australia/UK /Singapore is valued worldwide
- Provides an opportunity for Skills Development & a Life-time experience
- Offers flexibility in course curriculum
No two applicants have the same reason for studying abroad. For one it could be as simple as not getting into the right College / University in India and for the other it can be because there are not many job opportunities in his/her field of study and for many, an easy way to a secured future.
Whatever the reason for a student deciding to study abroad, he will find that higher education abroad adds considerable value to his professional development. A good degree is a stamp of excellence for life. It can enhance his career and prepare him for leadership in his country or anywhere in the world. It can broaden his horizons and exposes him to a variety of perspectives, the latest technology, and state-of-the-art research and training. He can make contacts with colleagues abroad which may lead to collaborations with leading international researchers. With the large number and variety of colleges and universities outside India, he is certain to find one that matches his needs and interests, no matter what is his criteria.
Application process makes the vital difference and is the most important criteria.
The application process for studying abroad is time consuming and requires applicants to start preparing well in advance of their anticipated start date. It is very important to begin the admission process early because in many cases application deadlines are at the start of the semester (sometimes as many as ten months). You also need to allow time for scheduling any standardized tests needed for admission and then having the results of these tests sent to schools. There is no uniform world-wide application system. Each college or university establishes its own unique policies.
The 6 basic steps for applying abroad are:
- Identifying country, universities and the course of your interest
- Filling up the application forms
- Taking various required tests
- Arranging and preparing essays and recommendation letters
- Completing and sending Application forms along with required documents
- Reporting various test scores to the universities
For admission to universities abroad: Its not just the academics, which is given complete weightage in the admission process to universities abroad unlike the IITs, it is more about a holistic approach.
The following major aspects are taken into consideration by Ivy League Institutes during the admission process:
- Standardized Test scores of the students (SAT/ TOEFL/ ACT)
- Academic scores of Grades 9th / 10th / 11th
- Extra curricular activities and other initiatives taken by the student
- Essay Writing
- Lectures of Recommendation
- Advance Placements (optional)