ADMISSION TO MBBS / BDS COURSES IN THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2013-2014 ADMISSION NOTICE
Online applications are invited for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG). 2013 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi as per the following schedule for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India, in Medical / Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
Date of Examination - 5th May. 2013 (Sunday)
Pattern of Examination
- The NEET(UG) Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only. There Shall be 45 Questions each from the Subjects Physics, Chemistry, and 90 Questions from Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- The duration of paper would be 03 hours.
Latest update on Pattern of NEET - UG, 2013. Click here
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG).
- He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical / Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes.
- The candidates must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-Technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH / ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing Class XII examination in 2013 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
How to apply
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board's website www.cbseneetnic.in The duration of submission of application form, without late fee and with late fees is given in FEE DETAILS / LAST DATE. Instructions for submitting online application, payment of fee and computer generated printout to be sent to CBSE are available on website.
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
- Through Debit/Credit Card/ internet Banking using online gateway payment facility, or
- Depositing in CBSE Bank Account with Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank directly or depositing in CBSE Account with e-Post Office by downloading the Challan form from the website of www.cbseneetnic.in
|Date of Examination, NEET (UG)||05.05.2013 (Sunday)|
|Schedule for submission of application forms without late fee||01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012|
|Date of Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE||10.01.2013|
|Schedule for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs. 1000/-||01.01.2013 to 31.01.2013|
|Date of Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs. 1000/-||05.02.2013|
Reservation of Seats & Admission in Medical / Dental Colleges
- An All India merit list and State-wise merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/ BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
- All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test
- All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State / UT / Institutions / University Concerned.
Fee Details / Last Date
|FEE WITHOUT LATE FEE||FEE WITH LATE FEE|
|DURATION||01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012||01.01.2013 - 31.01.2013|
|FOR GENERAL/OBC||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-
(Rs. 1000 + Rs. 1000)
|FOR SC/ST/PH||Rs. 550/-||Rs. 1550/-
(Rs. 550+Rs. 1000)
|LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF CONFIRMATION PAGE OF APPLICATION FORM IN CBSE||10.01.2013||05.02.2013|
Address & Contact Details
The Assistant Secretary (NEET) Central Board of Secondary Education Shiksha Kendra-2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092 Website www.cbseneetnic.in Email Phone No. - 011 -22509256-59, 22059683, Fax No. - 011-22509251
- Application Forms after last date will not be accepted irrespective of the date of booking.
- Detailed information is available on website www.cbseneet.nic.in
- Candidates if need be, may take the assistance of Facilitation Centres for submission of application form free of cost during working hours. List of facilitation centres is available on website www.cbseneet.nic.in